1. At the start of our meetings, a woman in a tall gold headdress from Bali did an amazing welcome dance. This was my point of epiphany, where I got over all the crap and remembered the wonder in my life.
2. My Egyptian roomie's bathroom case has all sorts of bottles and tubes labeled in Arabic.
3. I'm on a polder. Polder is one of those words I stopped thinking about after Junior High geography.
4. My Bangladeshi friends assured me that our Fall is a good time to visit. No rains. And hopefully no general strikes (like earlier this year, when I had to cancel).
5. Euros feel like play money to me. It makes them easy to spend.
6. My handmade paper notebook is full of scribbles and names - Geoff, Vi, Kevin, Renice, Michael, Shahnewaz, Florence, Helen, Martin, Patrick, Surendra, Gerardo.
7. Someone gave me a newsletter that gives the following statistic (among others) - Number of women adapting the value of taking nutritious food in day to day life: 1,478.
8. Belgian chocolate.
9. Belgian beer. And cheese.
10. This town's attractions which include de Pier, a 350 meter "bridge" stretching out into the sea, a serpentarium, and a bowling alley named The Bowling Stones.