Lucia has something to say

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

So I may not be going tomorrow after all. This is what's happening in Dhaka. I'm working on alternate plans. I'm pretty flexible and strong, but I don't want to walk into this.


Anonymous Thailand Gal said...

Saw something this morning about the unrest here. They've apparently banned any "political gatherings" which, of course, is open to interpretation. Not a good time to go, I'd imagine.


1:52 PM  
Blogger bobealia said...

Don't go. My vote.

2:24 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i say you trust your gut. and not CNN quite as much.

whatever you choose, keep safe, sister.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Whew! Maybe this one's a no-brainer, huh? Stay safe! Don't take any chances!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Nancy Dancehall said...

Yeah. Doesn't look like something you'd want to get caught in.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that piece in the times and my first thought was oh s***, is Lucia still going there?

All I can say is in your place I would not go. What worries me is this is like a complete shutdown. So no cabs, trains or buses? Not to mention the possibility of violence.
What do your office folks think?

6:58 PM  
Blogger KC said...

I'm with the others-

Stay safe and out of potential harm's way if you have a choice.

At least until things settle down.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go, but I am a big weiner.

Trust your gut, I say. It doesn't usually lie...

Be safe if you do go -but you already know that :) Someday, we must swap Ecuador stories.

9:44 PM  
Blogger meno said...

I selfishly want you to stay here so i won't be worried about you. 'Cause it's all about me.
But really, listen to your feelings.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I poked around a bit on the web. It looks like a good time to wait it out. The State Dept hasn't issued a travel warning but that doesn't mean anything! :)



10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, like the others, heard the news and wondered about your travel plans. What does that inner voice tell you? Listen to it. I am a bit crazy so I like to think I would want to go, my hubby would stop me and then I could blame it all on him :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Well I'm not saying anything new here.
Trust your gut
I will worry if you go
But you know best.

Whatever you decide, let us know so we can either breathe a sigh of relief or hold our breath till we know you're safe.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

That picture is disturbing. I can't stop looking at it and getting chills.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

I would say don't go. Please for your own safety.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home