So, I’m a little slow on the buzzer. I was tagged by the lovely QT, who lives not so far away from me, for this meme last week–Wednesday to be exact. I took the liberty of making it 8 things instead of 7. Following QT’s lead, I will tag only one other person–Maggie, you’re it.
Things I Can Do
1. Knit and weave–although my loom is in the basement covered with boxes.
2. Travel. I’m confident that I can figure things out as I go.
3. Sleep through the night practically anywhere, except airplanes.
4. Meditate and get hypnotized with very little effort or practice. Apparently I’m “suggestible.”
5. Read an average of 2.5 books a week.
6. Pack light.
7. Grow cactuses.
8. Make chocolate chip cookies.
Things I Can’t Do
2. Build a deck.
3. Clean the bathroom.
4. Blow up balloons.
5. Sing–well, I can, but you really don’t want to hear it.
6. Keep my political opinions to myself.
7. Do anything to fix or maintain a car.
8. See scary or bloody movies.
Things That Scare Me
1. Bad dreams.
2. When my dog gets sick.
3. The dentist–I haven’t been there in a while.
4. Driving on snow-covered roads.
5. Fireworks–the noise has scared me ever since I was little.
6. Doing my taxes–I get crazy with anxiety.
7. Inching across streets jammed with motorbikes in Vietnam.
8. Traveling to the world’s most dangerous destinations, which in 2006 included Afghanistan, Burundi, Cote d'Ivoire, Congo, Georgia, Haiti, Iraq, Liberia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Russia (Chechnya), Somalia, Sudan and Zimbabwe.
Things To Do Before I Die
1. Go on a road trip without a destination.
2. Learn to play the drums.
3. Do more whitewater rafting.
4. Get a car that doesn’t use fuel.
5. Return to Bali, Cambodia, and Alaska.
6. Get tattoos.
7. Make lots of time for making mixed media art.
8. Get a kayak.
Eight Random Facts
1. I am an American Idol addict.
2. I cannot eat split pea soup–it grosses me out.
3. My cupboard is full of eclectic mismatched dishes, many of them from the 1950s.
4. I am a huge fan of Mike Doughty’s music.
5. I’m married to a professor whose politics David Horowitz does not agree with, so he consequently was listed in “The Professors: The 101 Most Dangerous Academics in America” (very McCarthy-esque). He’s in the very fine company of Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky.
6. I love being on boats in the ocean, even if it’s cold and rainy.
7. I secretly desire red sparkly Wizard of Oz shoes.
8. I lived in Ecuador for more than a year.