Life's Loose Threads
Sometimes there are too many loose threads in life–things I really want to do, things that would enrich my life--but I never quite get to them.
1. I picked up Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia, sat down to start it, and then put it back down.
2. I bought a stunning Thanka Buddhist mandala in Nepal, and it’s still in the cardboard tube I brought it home in.
3. For about 8 months, I’ve been planning to redo my kitchen in bright sunflower paint and Mexican talavera tiles. I haven’t started.
4. For longer than that, I’ve been planning to get a tattoo. The art work is done. It’s ready to go. And I just never get to it.
5. I’ve got a load of stuff for mixed-media art–Altoids boxes, slide frames, bottle caps, and a mountain of paper ephemera–but keep collecting it and never do anything with it.
Why are there things we really want to do--that would really make us happy--that we put off?